IEEE Region 6 invites you to the 4th annual IEEE Rising Stars Conference from January 6-8, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada!
Register by November 24th to qualify for the early bird discount. http://sites.ieee.org/risingstars/registration/
Have the opportunity to sit down one on one with speakers to gain insight and network!
Funding available for interested IEEE members. For more information reach out to your local section chair or contact Ramesh Nair at firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you with a company event sponsorship relationship, if your sponsors are willing to cover your registration and /or travel expenses, we’ll count those funds toward sponsorship benefits. Benefits include career fair booth, advertising at the event and access to attendee resumes.
IEEE Rising Stars Conference
For Young Professionals and Students
Las Vegas, January 6-8, 2018
– Early Bird Rate Ends November 25
For its fourth year, the IEEE Rising Stars is coming to the Excalibur Hotel in Las Vegas, 6-8 January 2018! The IEEE Rising Stars Conference has quickly become one of the most well attended IEEE events held in the Western Hemisphere. With a program focused on professional development, Rising Stars is the place to be for students, young professionals, professionals, and industry leaders.
What is IEEE Rising Stars?
The Rising Stars is a unique and exciting event that connects students and young professionals with the larger industrial community. The program includes a career expo, a variety of career-based and social media competitions, lots of technical-innovation, many professional-development presentations, a cyber security competition and so much more.
Why Attend IEEE Rising Stars?
In addition to the stellar speaker line-up, there is something for everyone who attends this conference: new relationships, new ideas, new friends, and new experiences – the list goes on and on. The one-of-a-kind corporate mixer is the event to attend – attendees can speak face-to-face with many of the speakers and get their résumés reviewed at the same time.
For Students & Young Professionals:
- Network with leading IEEE student and young professional volunteers
- Meet and interact with global company leaders
- Participate in pitch competition
- Learn how to market yourself
- Enhance your résumé
For Professionals & Industry Leaders
- Network with the engineers and leaders of tomorrow
- Meet and interact with other global company leaders, students, and young professionals
- Participate in pitch competition
- Share your experiences and help someone on their journey
- VIP-access to all attendees’ résumés
Rising Stars features a stellar speaker line-up:
- Antione Picard, a Software Engineer on Google’s engineering education team. He has worked on a variety software development tools that keep Google’s engineers productive including testing infrastructure, code review, bug tracking and Q&A.
- William Hurley (Whurley) is an American entrepreneur and the founder of Chaotic Moon Studios (sold to Accenture), Honest Dollar (sold to Goldman Sachs), and Equals: The Global Partnership for Gender Equality in the Digital Age. He is an open source advocate and systems theorist, and is regularly interviewed by the press on technology and related topics.
- Arjun R Pillai completed his undergraduate degree in Engineering in 2010 from Cochin University of Science and Technology. On graduation, he joined Infosys and worked as an SAP Consultant for 2 years. Pursuing his dream, along with 3 of his batchmates, he started a Data Analytics startup, Profoundis, in 2012 as the co-founder and CEO.
- Jeffrey Voas is one of the two co-founders of Cigital (cigital.com). He is a computer scientist at the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD. Voas received the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Gold medal in 2014 for his efforts in vetting apps for smartphones for U.S. soldiers in mid-East conflicts.
- Jin Bains – As the Head of the Connectivity Lab, SCL, Jin oversees and directs key aspects of Facebook’s efforts to increase access to affordable connectivity across the globe, including the use of low-altitude, high-altitude, and satellite systems.
- John Collins is a hardware program manager for Microsoft on the HoloLens team in Silicon Valley, leading the research and development of battery technologies for augmented reality products.
- Kevin O’Malley, Google Engineering Director.
- Mark Paulk teaches software engineering at the University of Texas at Dallas and is a consultant and author in software engineering, software process improvement, high maturity practices, agile methods, and statistical thinking.
- Stephen Guine is a systems engineering manager for Northrop Grumman Aerospace in Palmdale, California. He has over seventeen years of experience implementing and managing systems engineering activities on multiple Northrop Grumman programs and projects.
- Tim Lee– Tim’s interests in IEEE activities that promotes the use of technology that benefit humanitarian needs. Currently, Tim is the Chair of IEEE SIGHT, Co-Chair of the IEEE 5G Initiative, the Chair of the IEEE Internet Inclusion track for the IEEE Internet Initiative and and the Chair of the IEEE Special Interest Group in Humanitarian Technology (SIGHT).
- Tina Gustafson has over thirty years of experience within the IT industry, including supervisory program, and project management experience performing Agile Leadership, management, software analysis and design, system implementation, system testing, problem analysis, and process improvement using the Capability Maturity Model/Improved (CMM, CMMI) and Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Andrew Rush, Made In Space, Inc. president. He will be talking about “Manufacturing in Space and in Other Extreme Environments”.
- Michael Condry (former Chief Strategy Officer, Intel and President of the Technology and Engineering Management Society)
- Kyla Bonnstetter (Top Talent Consulting ) – Kyla has over 14 years of diverse corporate experience from Fortune 500 companies like Hewlett-Packard, & Campbell Soup Company.
Want to Attend Rising Stars?
Register for the 2018 Rising Stars conference now and receive the $50 early bird discount until 11/25/2017:
Hotel registration can be found at the above URL.
Hope to see you in the New Year!
Keep current with Rising Stars at: