For its third year consecutive year, the 2017 IEEE Rising Stars is coming to the Excalibur Hotel in Las Vegas, 2-4 January 2017, it’s the event you need to ring in the New Year! The IEEE Rising Stars Conference has quickly become one of the most well attended events held in the Western Hemisphere. With a program focused on professional development, Rising Stars is the place to be for students, young professionals, professionals, and industry leaders.
What is Rising Stars?
The Rising Stars is a unique and exciting event that connects students and young professionals with the larger industrial community. The program includes a career expo, a variety of career-based and social media competitions, lots of technical-innovation, many professional-development presentations, an idea-pitching workshop and so much more.
Why Attend Rising Stars?
In addition to the stellar speaker line-up, there is something for everyone who attends this conference: new relationships, new ideas, new friends, and new experiences – the list goes on and on. The one-of-a-kind corporate mixer is the event to attend – attendees can speak face-to-face with many of the speakers and get their résumés reviewed at the same time.
For Students & Young Professionals:
- Network with leading IEEE student and young professional volunteers
- Meet and interact with global company leaders
- Participate in pitch competition
- Learn how to market yourself
- Enhance your résumé
For Professionals & Industry Leaders
- Network with the engineers and leaders of tomorrow
- Meet and interact with other global company leaders, students, and young professionals
- Participate in pitch competition
- Share your experiences and help someone on their journey
- VIP-access to all attendees’ résumés
- Participation in the virtual career and talent fair
Rising Stars Speakers
Among our stellar speaker line-up are:
- Michael Andrews, Managing Partner of Andrews & Associates and a senior member of IEEE. He will be speaking about “Making it Easy for Your Next Employer: Answering the “WHY””.
- Wanda Reder, 2017 IEEE President-Elect Candidate, Founder and Chair of IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative, and Chief Strategy Officer for S&C Electric Company. She will be talking about “SW Gas/Southern Cal Edison”.
- Eric Berkowitz, IEEE Computer Society Membership Director, is a membership marketing executive, leader and strategist, who has demonstrated versatility across a range of marketing specialties and is director of the IEEE Computer Society membership development group. He will be speaking about “Forming branch chapter, running branch chapter, benefits”.
- Devon Ryan, Founder of Lion Mobile, LLC and IEEE-USA Young Professionals Representative, is a multifaceted entrepreneur who made his mark in software engineering. He will be speaking about “Entrepreneurship and Startups”
- Paul M. Schaaf, Special Agent assigned to the FBI Cyber Security Division, has experience with Cyber, Intellectual Property Fraud, Extortion, Civil Rights, and Cyber Security cases throughout his FBI career. He will be speaking about “Cyber Terrorism and Internet Security”.
- Ferhan Özkan, Senior Business Development Manager for Virtual Reality at Crytek. He will be talking about “Partnerships & Alliances with VR First”.
- Carolyn Andrews, owner of Inspired Leaders, a certified business and executive coach, an international speaker and best-selling author. She will be speaking about “Networking”. She will be co-hosting the “Creating and Marketing Your Personal Brand” with Jennifer Johnson.
- Natalia Baklitskaya, R&D Senior Analyst at Accenture Labs. She will be talking about “Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality”.
- Charles Williams, Senior Director of Service Strategy & Collaboration in Operation and Tech Services at NBCUniversal. He will be talking about “The Power of Storytelling in Leadership”.
- Jennifer Johnson, founder and creator of Power of 3P Coaching. She will be co-hosting the “Creating and Marketing Your Personal Brand” with Carolyn Andrews.
- Erna Grasz, Founder and President Asante Africa Foundation. She will be talking about the importance and impact of “Humanitarian Technology”.
- Don Houde, President of Houde Consulting and Data to Inform. He will be talking about “IoT Security”.
- Tim Worboys, Software Engineering Manager at LinkedIn. He will be talking about “Communicating and Networking in a Virtual World”.
- Andrew Rush, Made In Space, Inc. president. He will be talking about “Manufacturing in Space and in Other Extreme Environments”.
Want to Attend Rising Stars?
Register for the 2017 Rising Stars conference now and receive the $50 early bird discount until 11/25/2016:
Hotel information is provided.
Hope to see you in the New Year!
Keep current with Rising Stars at: